Soccer Mountaineers Goes top In A Dramatic Comeback Against Kwahu Warriors

The battle for top spot saw the Soccer Mountaineers locking horns with Kwahu Warriors in a match day four clash at Kwahu Praso. A heavy down pour delayed kick-off for about 15minutes. Supporters were once again there in numbers with chants in edging the home team on for what they term a must win game.

Barely 6minutes into game play, Maxwell Quanino(8) broke the deadlock for the visitors after flicking into the net a well floated corner kick. The wet nature of the pitch though not soggy made ball control difficult for both teams. After warming well into the game with pressure mount from the Asaase Aban lads, striker Yayah Amani (17) wasted a golden opportunity for the equaliser from a poor goal kick by Issah Yayah. In the 17th minute, Prince Asare (10), unleashed a thunderbolt strike outside the 6yards box on a loose ball leveling the score. Felix Oppong (7), a former player of Okwawu united responded to the goal scored by the Asaase Aban lads in the 22nd minute restoring the lead for the visitors.

The goal which caused scare for the supporters rather inspired the Soccer Mountaineers in fighting unrelentingly till Mustapha Issah (19) pulled parity in the 35th minute through a wonderful strike. Yayah Amani (17) in the 36th minutes increased the tally to three (3) by making amends for his chance squandered earlier on in the game. Half ended 3:2 in favour of the home team amidst fans estactsy for the wonderful come back display.

Richard Appiah (14) upon picking a knock was substituted for Abdul Malik Walasey (24) in the 45th minute prior to start of the second half. Realising the attacking threat of the visitors, the Asaase Aban lads made ball possession a priority as means of taming any possible equaliser. Warriors eventually surrendered to the excessive pressure by conceding the fourth (4) goal from yet again another wonderful strike by Mustapha Issah (19) in the 62nd minute.

Hero of the day, Mustapha Issah (19) having scored a brace in the 67th minute was substituted for William Asare (7) with a standing ovation from the supporters. Coach Bismarck Asiedu in a tactical change for a strong midfield, substituted the tiring legs of Twumasi Asare Frimpong (18) for Francisco Fianku Nortey (27) in the 78th minute. Both teams became cautious in their play with some fears battles which led to Twumasi Ankrah(12) given red card in the 80th minute. Kwame Afriyie (13) in the 88th minute was substituted for Joseph Andoh (9) to enjoy last moments of the game.

Game ended 4:2 in favour of the Soccer Mountaineers who goes top of the league log with goals difference having played just three (3) matches out of four (4) so far.

Yenti Gyae

Leave a Reply